Friday, May 22, 2015

Ulsan Grand Park Rose Festival 2015

I consider roses as my first LOVE. I started loving roses when I was learning to walk. My Mom used to have a small flower garden in our back yard. She had different flowering plants in her garden but my favorite one was her peach colored African rose. I love its huge candy looking flowers. The first time I set my eyes on those beautiful petals, I know roses were going to be my favorite flower. It is my favorite flower until now.

While surfing the internet a couple of weeks ago, I saw an article about the Rose Festival at Ulsan Grand Park on May 23rd ~ 31st. I wanted to see the roses, but I didn't want to go during the festival. So we decided to go to Ulsan Grand Park a week before the festival.


We took a KTX train from Dongdaegu to Ulsan station. We stopped by Tongdosa Temple and took a taxi to the park. We didn't know that the festival ground is near the South Gate so we had to walk from the Main Gate all the way to the South Gate. 


Though we came earlier, some roses were blooming already. I was really happy to see them. I couldn't stop myself from admiring their beauty. I couldn't stop snapping pictures of them. That explains the numerous photos below. 


Roses! Roses! Roses everywhere! They came in various sizes and colors.







This one reminded me of my Mom's African roses.










































Tunnel of Bamboo Wind Chimes 

To learn more about the Rose Festival, please visit Ulsan Grand Park's website. It is all in Korean though.

How to Get to Ulsan Grand Park


*By Train*
Take a KTX Train to Ulsan Station. Then, take a taxi to the South Gate of Ulsan Grand Park. You can also take  Limousine Bus 5004 from the train station to Ulsan Grand Park. 

*By Bus*
Take an intercity bus to Ulsan Intercity Bus Terminal. Then take a bus or a taxi from there. 

Click here to see the direction in Korean.


No comments:

Post a Comment