Saturday, April 18, 2015

14th Mt. Palgong Autumn Foliage Festival ( 제14 팔공산 단풍 축제)

 Albert Camus once said, "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."  I think he is right. I love both spring and autumn. I love the pretty flowers of spring and the dramatic leaves of autumn. I get so excited every time spring and autumn comes.

In fact, today my husband and I visited Mt. Palgong in Daegu to see the Autumn Foliage Festival. We went there with a friend.

We were not able to get train tickets in advance so we had to stand on the train. We didn't want to stand again going back to Gumi, so we purchased our tickets before going to Mt. Palgong. Unfortunately, many people were going to Mt. Palgong also, so the bus going there was packed. So we had to stand on the bus for almost an hour.
After a long bus ride we arrived to our destination and we were greeted by trees wearing their red and yellow crowns.


 We walked around to see more trees. Beauty was everywhere. It seemed like the trees were smiling at me.


And this cute friend said 'hello' to me. She's cute, isn't she?

I can't help but take more and more photos.

Then we decided to go up to the mountain top. Our time was limited so we decided to take the cable car. Riding in a cable car allowed us to enjoy the view like this. 

After a few minutes, we reached the top. The colorful mountain grandeur was revealed to us. I can't help but admire the beauty in front of me.



It was really beautiful and relaxing up there. I didn't want to leave. But I had to. Standing on the train and the bus really was worth it. I would love to go back there again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment