Saturday, April 18, 2015

Discovering Korea's Gem in the South Coast: Gacheon Daraengi Village

My husband and I have always wanted to visit the Southern part of South Korea. But because of the distance and a lack of adequate time, we couldn't go there. We were so excited when we learned that our friend was organizing a camping trip to Namhae. What made us more excited was the fact that the camping was scheduled on a 3-day weekend. Thanks to the Korean War Memorial Day.

It was our first time to go camping together here in South Korea. And the camp site is right next to the beach! How awesome is that! I was imagining lying in our tent, listening to the sound of the waves while my eyes were closed. I couldn't wait for the day of our departure.


Then that day came.We got on the bus and started enjoying the scenery along the way. We stopped at Hanam Rest Area to pick up some people coming from Busan. After around a 3 hour bus ride, we arrived at our first destination, the Daraengi (Terraced Rice Field) in Gacheon Village. Gacheon Daraengi was featured in Korean Dramas such as KBS 2 Television series 'Cinderella's Sister' ( 신데렐라 언니) and TV Chosun Weekend Dramas 'Saving Mrs. Go Bong Shil (고봉실 아주마 구하기, and Bride of the Century (백년의 신부). It is also a filming location of the movies  Indian Summer (인디안 써머) and Barefoot Ki-Bong (맨발의 기봉이).


I saw a few houses, small restaurants, and a coffee shop. Some of the houses' roofs were embellished with flowers painted on it.



We walked down the paved road and the ocean greeted us with its soft breeze. It felt so refreshing. The view of the green terraced rice field and the  blue ocean was a marvelous combination.


Then the sky kissed the ocean......looking at them makes me feel calm.











The blue water was inviting me to walk down and dip my feet into it.


The rice plants danced as the soft breezed blow. They seemed to be waving their tiny blades happily as if their welcoming me.


No comments:

Post a Comment