Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Best Spring Experience: The 4th Taean Tulip Festival 2015 (2015 제4회 태안 튤립 축제)

South Korea is a very beautiful country in spring. The mountains are covered with verdant trees. They come in various shades of green: neon green, yellow green, green with shades of pink or red. And of course, dark green. Every time I travel, I find myself looking out the window, amazed by how beautiful Korean mountains are. 

But trees are not the only reason why I love Korean spring. What I love the most about Korean spring is the flowers. Korea has a lot of flower festivals, such as Cherry Blossom Festivals, Canola Flower Festivals, Apricot Blossom Festivals, and many more Spring Flower Festivals.

Yesterday, the 25th of April, my husband and I went to the Taean Tulip Festival. We were able to book a trip with a Korean Travel Agency, 대구여행자 클럽( Daegu Traveler's Club); knowing Korean language helped us a lot. The tour bus left Daegu around 6:20 in the morning, and we arrived at the Taean Tulip Festival grounds around 10:00 a.m. The entrance fee for adults was 9,000 won and 6,000 won for young people. They offer discounts for big groups. 

The Festival Ground's Main Gate
"Taean Flower-Light Festival"

As we were entering the main gate, we were greeted by some tulips in pots and a cute trolley. The trolley transports those visitors that don't want to walk around. 
Festival Trolley
The next thing I saw was the viewing deck packed with excited visitors. We headed to the deck, I still didn't know what to expect. And....surprise...surprise... All I could utter when I saw the view was, "Wow!" 







"The Tulip  Korean Flag"
Tulips were everywhere. I felt like I was dreaming. I couldn't explain the happiness I felt the moment I saw the tulips. Our tour guide said that tulips are originally from Turkey, and a long time ago, only very rich people could have them (i.e. royal families). He also added that growing tulips was very hard back then.

My husband continued walking around. We saw tulips of various colors, sizes, and petal designs. I am happy to share what I have seen. Here are some of them: 

























































Aren't they lovely? I think the money we spent for this trip and the time we spent sitting on the bus was all worth it. We paid 45,000 won per person for this trip. That includes the transportation fee from Daegu to Taean Tulip Festival location, KKotji Beach,  Anmyeondo Recreation Forest and Arboretum, and back to Gumi. 

Taean Flower and Light Festival runs from April 17th - May 10th. The Tulip (Flower) Festival is from 9:00 in the morning through 11:00 at night, while the light festival starts from sunset until 11:00 at night.

If you want to see the Taean Tulip Festival, please follow this link (How to Get to Taean County?). From Taean Intercity Bus Terminal you can take a city bus to the festival location. If you can read and understand Korean, this site can be very helpful (Navigation Search).

If you want to see more of our travels and adventures, please feel free to follow and like us on GIK Photography Facebook Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment